Connections Coordinator | Volunteer
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be a partner in good standing.
- Demonstrate a desire to build relationships and connect guests to the church.
- Have 3 years experience in ministry.
- Preferably have experience in church leadership.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Help facilitate an environment of authentic community where people are invited to belong. Build relationships with guests and help them get connected to the church. Encourage people within the church to take their Next Steps at Passion Community.
Working directly under the supervision of the ExecutivePastor. The position will be evaluated every 6 months.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for the oversight and leadership of the Passion Community Connect Ministry.
- Manage the connect process which is the method of assimilating guests into the church.
- Oversee the execution of the connect event including the following responsibilities:
- Child care coverage when necessary
- Food prep and setup
- Hosting and assisting with the connect meal when needed
- Schedule and develop volunteers for the Connect Center that will assist with the Passion Community Connect Ministry.
- Encourage people within the church to take their Next Steps with Passion Community by growing in Passion Groups, volunteering on a Serve Team, participating in outreach initiatives, and eventually becoming partners.
- Promote Passion Groups, encourage people to attend a group, help people get connected to Passion Group Leaders, and lead a Passion Group.
- Recruit volunteers for all ministries and impress the benefit of serving the local church.
- Assist with volunteer orientation when needed.
- Challenge people to get involved with the Passion Community Outreach Ministry and advocate for upcoming outreach initiatives and projects while also serving on the outreach ministry team.
- Help identify people that are ready and interested in becoming partners with Passion Community.
- Assist with the partnership class when needed.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS:
- Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated with flexibility by: an organized and composed demeanor, a conscientious work ethic, a willingness and ability to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multitasking and prioritizing projects.
- Endorse and support Passion Community Church and its mission and vision as well as the ministries of the worldwide work of the Church of God.
- Support all 6 core values of Passion Community Church.
- Embody the organizational values of Passion Community Church
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and christian community.