Passion Kids Room Updates
Here are a couple of important changes taking place in Passion Kids starting on 4/9/2023 (Easter Sunday):
- CHANGE 1: We will be changing the colors associated with three of our rooms so that our rooms move across the color spectrum (starting from Red and ending with Blue). The rooms themselves will stay in the same location but you will see updated signs at each door with the new color scheme:
- Red Room (Ages 0-1) – NO CHANGE
- Orange Room (Ages 1-3) – NO CHANGE
- Green Room (Ages 3-4) – changing to become the Yellow Room
- Blue Room (Ages 4-5) – changing to become the Green Room
- Yellow Room (K-5th Grade) – changing to become the Blue Room
- CHANGE 2: We will be swapping the physical location/rooms that the new Yellow Room (Ages 3-4) and the new Green Room (Ages 4-5)
- Why the change?
- This change is necessary purely due to the number of students in our 4-5 year old class (new Green Room) and the fact that the room they will be moving to is larger than their current room
- Why the change?
- CHANGE 3: In addition to the color scheme updates, the Yellow Room (for Ages 3-4 and previously the Green Room) will be changing up their schedule a little bit:
- What’s Changing?
- Currently, the kids in this room are being included in the large group worship and ‘big idea’ lessons along with the 2 older classrooms. Under the new format, the Yellow Room will not be participating in the large group session and instead will be incorporating those elements of worship and big idea type lessons within their own room.
- Why the change?
- Over the past few months, we have noticed that the 3 and 4 year olds in the Yellow Room have the most difficulty participating and connecting in the large group setting. In order to help them transition to this type of an environment, we will be working those same elements into their experience in their own room so they can become more comfortable without being overwhelmed.
- What’s Changing?
To get a better understanding of what goes in our various rooms, click here. If you have any questions or concerns about either of these changes, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Family Ministry Directors, Tanner or Savannah, on a Sunday morning or email email@example.com.
Welcome to Passion Kids!
At Passion there is a place for everyone! For kids from birth to 5th grade, that place is Passion Kids! Located in our Family Wing, Passion Kids consists of age specific rooms where your children will have fun and learn about God’s love for them in a way that is tailored to them.
Passion Kids is available during our first service each Sunday morning.
You are able to check your children into Passion Kids starting 20 minutes before the main service starts. Simply go to the check-in station in the main hallway and tell the Passion Kids Assistant who you will be checking in. Upon check-in, your child will be given a secure name badge and you will be given another secure tag with a matching barcode. You’ll want to hold onto this as it will be used to pick up your child after the service.
You will then be directed to bring them to their assigned room where you will find a Passion Kids Assistant waiting for your children with games, music and toys to keep them engaged until the beginning of church. Each leader has been well trained and always has your children’s safety and needs in mind.
What We Value
We believe that the Bible is of utmost importance to everyone, regardless of their age. In Passion Kids, we want to show every child the power and truth in the Bible in ways that they are able to understand it.
Lots of Fun!
We learn better when we’re having fun! We do our best to help children learn about Jesus in an environment that is fun and exciting.
At the heart of the Gospel is that we are all loved unconditionally by God. We believe this truth is of the highest importance to share with and model for every child that is a part of Passion Kids. We want each child to know they are valued and accepted by God and their community at Passion.
Your child’s safety is our top priority and we go through great lengths to ensure it. Each one of our volunteers has passed a background check and has been trained to be in the room they are in.
What We Do
In each room at Passion Kids, your child will enjoy a time of activities and games to help get them acclimated to the room. They will then go through a bible lesson, craft, and themed activities together. In order to provide age appropriate lessons and activities, children are assigned to 5 different rooms based on age/grade, as seen below.
Current Room Layout (through 4/2/2023):
New Room Layout (starting 4/9/2023):
In the Passion Kids Red Room we take care of your babies! Our goal is strictly to care for your infant and their needs so there is no curriculum or structure associated with this room. Just lots of snuggles!
In the Passion Kids Orange Room we will introduce a loose schedule for your child with time for free-play, a video lesson, and coloring/activity. Our goal in this room is to expose your child to a schedule/curriculum without much pressure.
Previously – GREEN ROOM
Passion Kids Yellow Room is designed to help your child transition from the nursery/toddler aged rooms to the older classrooms. Previously, this classroom was a part of the large group worship and lesson time with the Green and Blue Rooms. However, moving forward children in this room will not be a part of the large group as we are introducing them to the curriculum for the first time.
We will have a schedule with age-appropriate activities. There will still be free-play, story time from a teacher, and activities/crafts. The curriculum will be the same as the Green/Blue rooms, in a more age-appropriate format to help them engage. We will also be implementing worship elements in the schedule.
Previously – BLUE ROOM
In the Passion Kids Green Room your child will have free-play time during check-in before meeting together with the children in the Blue Room for large group (worship and ‘big idea’ lesson). Afterwards they return to their classroom for an age specific Bible lesson, highlighted by crafts and activities.
Previously – YELLOW ROOM
In the Passion Kids Blue Room your child will have free-play time during check-in before meeting together with the children in the Blue Room for large group (worship and ‘big idea’ lesson). Afterwards they return to their classroom for an age specific Bible lesson, highlighted by discussion, crafts, and activities.
In this room, specifically, there is more time for group discussion and more group/physical activity than crafts.
How We Connect
Each month you will receive an e-mail outlining the main topic we are discussing, the Bible verses associated with that lesson, and a memory verse we are working on for the month. That e-mail will also include activities or discussions you can have at home during the course of the month to help reinforce the lessons we are going over.
Every time your child attends a service you will also receive a handout with more detailed information about that particular week’s lesson. We would also love to help give you resources when you need them. Just let us know what you are looking for and we would be happy to connect you!
We would love to hear from you! Each child is different and deserves to have specific attention given to where they are at. Your communication with us will help facilitate that happening within the Sunday morning experience. Feel free to send an e-mail or talk to a teacher on Sunday morning to let us know what is going on in the life of your child/family.