Service Time Change for 1/17 and 1/24
As we transition back from our holiday schedule, we will be adjusting our in-person service times according to the schedule below:
- January 17 – 8:30 & 10:00 AM
- January 24 – 8:30, 10:00, & 11:30 AM
Note: The Passion Family Wing will be open only during the 8:30 AM services.
To sign up to attend a service this weekend, please pre-register here!
Our online service will continued to be streamed at 10 AM right here on our website.
Family Wing Reopening for 11/29/2020
After deep cleaning our family wing and aiding in contract tracing for the individual who tested positive for COVID-19 two weeks ago, we have made the determination that we will be able to reopen our Family Wing for our 8:30 AM service on Sunday, 11/29. If you have any questions or concern, please feel free to email our Family Ministries Pastor, Tommy Clark directly ([email protected]).
To sign up to attend a service this weekend, please pre-register here!
Family Wing Closed for 11/22/2020
Due to an individual in our Family Wing this past Sunday (11/15/2020) testing positive for COVID-19, the Family Wing will be closed this Sunday, 11/22, in an effort to prevent any further spread and to deep clean the rooms in that wing. We have notified anyone that was in direct contact with the individual and will continue to monitor the situation. We currently believe that this is an isolated case and are hoping to reopen the Family Wing and resume our children’s services starting Sunday, 11/29. That determination will be made next week and we will post an update here with any additional information.
COVID-19 Update - 11/14/2020
Due to the governor’s announcement of new restrictions in the next couple of days, we wanted to make sure you are aware of how they affect our services and events at Passion Community. The restriction limiting the attendance of private or public gatherings to no more than 25 individuals contains a provision that exempts religious services as long as those services are conducted according to certain social distancing guidelines. At Passion Community we have taken great lengths to follow the guidelines from the Virginia Department of Health to ensure your safety and, as a result, are able to continue our in-person services.
We take our community’s health and safety very seriously, and are continuing to monitor guidance from the VA Department of Health and the CDC. When attending our services, we ask that you continue to do the following:
- Pre-register for the service you are attending so that we can ensure there is enough space for everybody
- Wear a face mask whenever you are not sitting in your seat.
- Stay at least 6 feet a part from others not in your family.
- Join us online at 10 AM if you are sick, have any symptoms of COVID-19, or have been exposed to the virus in the past 14 days.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at [email protected].
9/1/2020 Update - In Person Services To Resume
While we unfortunately had to cancel in-person services this past Sunday due to one of our pastors testing positive for COVID-19, we are thrilled to announce that we are clear to resume in-person services once again!
What We Have Done To Mitigate Risk
- We have aided that pastor in conducting contact tracing with anyone who they may have come into contact with during the window they were considered contagious
- Cancelled in-person services for the Sunday immediately following the positive test (August 30th) so that we could better assess the exposure risk to Passion Community
- All staff who came into contact with that pastor during the window they were considered contagious have either decided to quarantine for the recommended period of time or have been tested and received a negative test (there have been no positive tests received since the first pastor tested positive).
What This Means For You
- Our Sunday services will go forward as planned and with the same precautions that you have been made aware of in previous communication.
- Our Family Wing will be open for the 8:30 AM service. Check out our safety protocols for our Family Wing here.
- Due to the events of this past week, we want to remind you of the importance of following social distancing guidelines and wearing masks.
- Registration will continue to be required in order to attend a service in-person at Passion. Pre-registration opens at 9 AM on Tuesdays for the coming Sunday.
- We will continue to offer a livestream of our 10:00 AM service for those that are unable to attend in person.
No In Person Services - Sunday, August 30th
This afternoon we have learned that one of our staff has tested positive for COVID-19. Thankfully, he is doing well and much of his symptoms have subsided. However, we feel that it is only prudent to cancel our in-person services that were scheduled to take place tomorrow, August 30th.
The staff member began experiencing symptoms on Wednesday afternoon and was seen by a doctor on Thursday. At that time he tested positive for Strep throat but, out of an abundance of caution, also got tested for COVID-19 later in the day. That test was confirmed as positive this afternoon. We would like to reiterate that he is starting to feel better and that both he and the church will be following any contact tracing guidelines given by the CDC or the Virginia Department of Health.
It is for these reasons that our church service will be available solely via live stream at 10 AM tomorrow morning. You can log on to participate in the service by clicking the link below.
Please be praying for a quick recovery for the staff member and for protection for his family and those who have been in contact with him. We will provide more details regarding when we will resume in person services over the course of the next few days. If you or someone you know is not feeling well, please consult the CDC’s website to see if you may have symptoms of COVID-19 and what steps you may need to take.
Family Wing Reopening 8/23/2020
The Passion Community Family Wing (Passion Nursery, Passion Kids Jr, and Passion Kids) will be reopening on August 23rd for the first time since March 2020. Check out our Family Wing Reopening Plan to find out what we’re doing to keep your family safe.
Update - 8/12/2020
As we begin to wind down the summer and transition into our fall season at Passion, here are a few updates regarding our Sunday morning services. All plans and policies have been adopted in accordance with guidelines and ordinances issued by the Governor of Virginia.
- Three services starting August 23rd (8:30 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM)
- Registration for Sunday services required for all attendees (starting 8/23)
- Family Wing opening for 8:30 AM service starting 8/23
- Fill out Three Service Survey to tell us your plans!
Starting on August 23rd, we will be transitioning to three Sunday morning services (8:30, 10:00, 11:30) in an effort to expand our in person seating capacity on Sundays. Due to state social distancing guidelines and our own safety measures, we have significantly less seating available than our normal capacity. Summer months bring lots of travel and the absence of our large college population. However, as we settle into our fall routines, we are expecting to see an increase our in-person attendance numbers. Adding a third service will us to offer in person services to more people while staying committed to safety and health standards. In addition to the three in-person services, we will continue to live stream our 10 AM service on our website.
Starting on August 23rd, we will also begin requiring all attendees to register and check-in prior to entry into our building. This will allow us to adequately prepare for each person attending each service and will enable us to provide a safe service environment for all of our attendees. Pre-registration will be available the week prior to each service. If you do not pre-register, you can register at the check in table provided there are still seats available. More details will be sent out in the next few days.
Family Wing Opening
The Family Wing will be reopening on August 23rd! Due to the spread of COVID-19, our Family Wing (Passion Nursery, Passion Kids, etc) has been closed since March 2020. As the State of Virginia proceeded into Phase 3 of reopening, we have been allowed to start the process of reopening our children’s ministry again. Currently, we will only be offering children’s programming at our 8:30 AM service in order to create the safest space possible for your family to learn about Jesus. More details regarding the safety measures we will be implementing in the Family Wing will be emailed to families and available on our website shortly.
We Need You!
We need you to let us know what your plans are (or your best guess)! The more information we have on what service you are planning on attending and what your comfort level is with in person services, the better we can tailor our reopening plans to serve you. Please take 2 minutes and complete the survey below so that we can continue to make informed decisions!
Have More Questions?
Email [email protected] with any additional questions.
COVID-19 Update (5/14/2020)
After 10 weeks of being limited to online services only, we are excited to announce that we will be re-opening our building for in person services starting on May 24, 2020. This re-opening will be done in accordance with guidelines and ordinances issued by the Governor of Virginia.
Here a few important notes about our re-opening plan:
- Attendance will be limited to 50% or less of our usual capacity for a given service.
- Two services (9 AM and 11 AM) will be offered in order to aid in social distancing
- Common surfaces and door handles will be sanitized before and after each service.
- Passion Kids and Passion Nursery will not be available
- Face masks are encouraged for all attendees and required for all volunteers
- Seating has been re-arranged to allow for better social distancing
- Family members will be allowed to sit together
- Non-family members will be asked to sit 6 feet apart
- Online streaming of both services will still be provided and those who are immunocompromised or are not comfortable gathering in person due to other concerns are encouraged to participate digitally.
- Coffee and other refreshments will not be provided due to health concerns.
Re-opening Passion will only be possible with your help. If you are comfortable attending services in person, please consider volunteering in one of our serve teams. Even if you are currently serving on a serve team, contact your team leader to see what areas need the most help as we transition back.
We Want To Know!
Our first priority as we transition back, is your safety and health. One of the most important parts of planning and preparing is understanding what your plans and comfort levels are. Please take 60 seconds to fill out a quick survey and let us know whether you are interested in attending a service in person or would rather continue participating online.
Have More Questions?
Email [email protected] with any additional questions.
Helping Out During COVID-19 Crisis
WHO: You. Anyone you know. Anyone you don’t know.
WHAT: Giving toilet paper to help those at or below the poverty line
HOW: Give online to Benevolence. Proceeds will be used to donate toilet paper to The Agape Center for distribution.
Many of you have asked for ways that you can serve at Passion and in our community during this time and we have been hard at work trying to find the best and opportunities for you to serve that are impactful and also comply with the social distancing guidelines in the State of Virginia. One such opportunity that was discovered was that our partners at The Agape Center are still operating during this time and are specifically short on toilet paper to distribute to those at or below the poverty line. For $50 we are able to buy 96 rolls of toilet paper direct from wholesalers so that we do not take it off take valuable resources for our community off of the shelves of our local stores. We would like to commit to buying 2,000 rolls of toilet paper (approximately $1,000) to donate to The Agape Center.
If you would like to give to this need, simply mark your check or online gift as Benevolence. All gifts marked this way and received this week will be used to provide for families in need. For more information on how to give, go to passioncommunity.org/give.
If you or your family is in need, please email [email protected].
Passion Online (updated 3/19/2020)
The COVID-19 situation in our country is rapidly changing and information is coming at a very fast pace. We recognize that many areas of our lives can seem uncertain, but as a community full of people of faith, we want to do all we can to join together and provide hope and stability. The leadership for Passion Community has been working diligently together this week to provide for you amazing opportunities to connect, pray, worship and grow together when we can’t meet in person. While many people may see this as a roadblock for the church, we see this as an opportunity to reach more people with the hope of the gospel.
Here is our plan moving forward:
We are committed to make improvements to our online service capabilities. As a church, we want to be good neighbors by thinking of everyone in our community by following the advice from the CDC. For the next few weeks, we will be having online services until it’s safe for us to resume our regularly scheduled services in our building. We are excited to announce PassionCommunity.Online.Church as our dedicated site for our online services. This platform will allow us to watch the service, discuss what God is teaching us, and ask someone to pray for us.
I want to encourage you to engage in our service through this new platform and use technology to connect with each other and to challenge each other to continue following Jesus this Sunday at 11:00 AM.
Care & Prayer
Community is essential to who we are as a church. We want to know how you are doing and how all the changes have affected you and your family. Please don’t hesitate to communicate your needs to us. We would love to help in any way we are able. It’s times like these we feel the church needs to Be the Church. Our prayer team is standing by ready to pray for you. Email [email protected] to have your prayer request sent directly to our prayer team and [email protected] if you have any needs that we can help meet.
With schools and preschools closed, we want to be a resource for our families during this season. We will be sending age appropriate ideas, videos, and parent resources for children for Passion Nursery and Passion Kids. All parents that have checked their child into our Children’s wing on a Sunday morning, will receive emails with these amazing resources. Our Passion Youth will also be provided with weekly devotional content that will help encourage and develop them in their relationship with God. If you would like to be included in these emails and you have never checked in your child please email [email protected].
Our passion groups will continue to meet, but in an online video chat format. Your Passion Group leader will reach out to you and invite you to a group video chat. We look forward to seeing your face and connecting with you. If you are not in a Passion group and want the opportunity to connect with other people in our church to grow, pray, and share life together; we are creating room for you. Sign up and you will be invited to join one of our amazing groups.
Connect With Us
Maybe you have visited us a few Sundays or only have seen us online but you aren’t fully connected to us. We would love to get to know you and provide help, hope, care, or prayer for you and your family. Feel free to connect with us through our online connect form.
COVID-19 Update (3/12/2020)
FAITH OVER FEAR: HOW PASSION WILL RESPOND TO COVID-19
We’re all aware of the evolving situation with COVID-19 around the world, and we as a church leadership team are aware that our response as a church is likely on your mind right now.
For the following reasons, the leadership of Passion Community has decided to cancel our Sunday worship services for the next few weeks and replace them with an online service Sundays at 11 AM.
- CARE: Our response to move to an online format is not based on fear, but because we care deeply for our people. Our body’s health and well being are extremely important to us. We realize the risk of contracting COVID-19 in a large gathering, especially for those with pre-existing health conditions.
- COMMUNITY: Our community consists of college students and their parents traveling from their hometowns, new families that are visiting us, and a consistent base of out of town visitors, along with our year round regular attenders and partners. We recognize that our varied community puts us at risk from getting COVID-19 from other areas of the country.
- BUILDING: We do not want to put people at a greater risk because we have a small facility for the size of our congregation. Most Sundays because of our crowds we are in very tight proximity alongside those whom we worship with.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
- PRAY for our community, our nation, and our world as well as those directly affected by COVID-19. Pray for the health care workers that are treating the sick and those public health administrators making difficult decisions. Pray that God would protect our community from further spread of the virus.
- FAITH over fear: spread hope within your circles of influence and not fear. In this season of fear and panic, our church community can be a beacon of hope, light, faith, and love for our world.
- GATHER in your homes with your family or friends and watch Church Online with us this Sunday.
- PRACTICE recommended personal hygiene. Wash your hands frequently. Avoid contact with the sick and stay home if you’re sick.